Saturday, May 16, 2015

Review #6-Every Day

13262783

By: David Levithan


Hello again! Like I said before, I am going to be posting reviews on Saturdays from now on. I was wondering if you guys wanted me to do things like, "My Opinion Monday,"(courtesy of my mom) :) or "What Are You Reading Wednesday." I thought it would be fun to do stuff like that and I wanted your guys' opinion! I also wanted to know if you guys wanted me to have spoiler free sections along with spoiler sections. The  book I am reviewing today is Every Day, by David Levithan!

Summary:
Every day a different body. Every day a different life. Every day in love with the same girl.
There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.


It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day.

My Opinion:
This was a very quick read! I have never read a book where the main character changes lives! It was enthralling to me and when I picked up my next book I was expecting a different person each chapter! 
I was definitely confused at times over whether A was a boy or girl because, obviously, since A was in a different body every day. What made it more confusing was that not everybody likes the opposite of their gender, so I didn't understand at times, which was totally fine. You just have to pay extra attention to pronoun usage. 
I liked how it was in first person instead of third person. I've always preferred first person over third person but it really made a difference in this book. 
All in all, I gave this book five stars because it was, in my eyes, amazing!

**
I hope you guys enjoyed this review of Every Day, by David Levithan! My next review will be on May 23!

Keep reading!
-Madi

No comments:

Post a Comment