Saturday, May 9, 2015

Review #5-Marked

By: P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast


Hello, bookworms!! I have been reading a lot more than last month so you can expect more book reviews this month! I have decided that I will be posting reviews every Saturday. I just finished Marked, by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast!

Summary:
After a Vampyre Tracker Marks her with a crescent moon on her forehead, 16-year-old Zoey Redbird enters the House of Night and learns that she is no average fledgling. She has been Marked as special by the vampyre Goddess Nyx and has affinities for all five elements: Air, Fire Water, Earth and Spirit. But she is not the only fledgling at the House of Night with special powers. When she discovers that the leader of the Dark Daughters, the school’s most elite club, is misusing her Goddess-given gifts, Zoey must look deep within herself for the courage to embrace her destiny – with a little help from her new vampyre friends (or Nerd Herd, as Aphrodite calls them)

My opinion:
The title suggests a lot about the book. It obviously means people get marked and turn into vampires. There is a review on the back that says: "Twilight meets Harry Potter." So. True. It is told from the POV (point of view) of Zoey, in the first-person, which I have always liked better than third person. It was better to hear it from her perspective, since she has all five elements. In the beginning I wasn't so sure about the series but I eventually got sucked into their world and it wouldn't let me go.The first book of this humongous series is always bringing up new problems which keep you on the edge of your seat. You know how there are normally love-triangles? This series has a love square. It's not as complicated as you think. Oh, wait. Yes, It is. 
The main characters are Zoey Redbird, Erik Night, Stevie Rae, and Loren Blake. There might be more, but I really only picture these as the main characters. Three of those people are part of the love square. That's not the only conflict in the story, though, so don't worry. :)
I would definitely recommend this book to people who enjoy Vampire and Adventure books!

"You are old beyond your years, Zoeybird. Believe in yourself and you will find a way. But remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good."
-The Goddess Nyx

**
I am now reading the second book, Betrayed, and Hallowed, by Cynthia Hand. I will be doing a review on Alice in Zombieland when I finish it! :) 

Keep Reading!
-Madi


2 comments:

  1. Twilight meets Harry Potter?! I love both series. Lol! This has been on my TBR for the longest time! Nice review! Glad to know it's good! I'll pick it up sometime!


    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the third book but somehow I lost it!! I'm freaking out a bit now..haha. Do you have a subscribe button on your blog? I just want to make sure I can read your posts. :)

      Delete