Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Book Review #2-Shatter Me

By: Tahereh Mafi

Ahhhh! I loved this book!! I read it a few weeks ago but I couldn't wait to read the second and third book!! It was that good..

Summary (from the book cover):
No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but the Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon. But Juliette has plans of her own. After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time-and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.

My opinion:
Wow. Just wow. First off, Juliette's character is so realistic! I love the way Tahereh Mafi writes from Juliette's point of view in the form of a journal. It makes it way more relatable than many other books. This book is a really good example of someone finding their true potential. The cover of the book says:

"My touch is lethal. My touch is power."

The part that has been crossed out is, obviously, the beginning, and the regular text is when she truly realizes what she is capable of doing.
I think that explains what I mean by "finding their true potential."

The plot's pace never lets you down, so unless you don't like the way the story is going, you will not want to do anything until you finish this book. The second and third book get even better and there are so many great things that happen in this trilogy!! By the time you get done with the trilogy you will be so miserable. Not because of the ending, but because there are no more books to read in the series. :) I hope you read this book!! You will not regret it!

Keep Reading!
-Madi

2 comments:

  1. OMGSH, this series is one of my top faves!!!! I love love love Warner! He is my top book boyfriend!


    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete