Monday, April 13, 2015

Book Review #1-Origin

By: Jessica Khoury

Hiya, everybody! This is my first book review, as you can probably see from the title, and I'm super excited about this blog!! The first book I will be reviewing is Origin, by Jessica Khoury!

Summary (from the book cover):
Pia has always known her destiny. She is meant to start a new race, a line of descendants who will bring an end to death. She has been bred for no other purpose, genetically engineered to be immortal and raised by a team of scientists in a secret compound hidden deep in the Amazon rainforest. Now those scientists have begun to challenge her, with the goal of training her to carry on their dangerous work. 
For as long as she can remember, Pia's greatest desire has been to fulfill their expectations. But on the night she turns seventeen, she finds a hole in the seemingly impenetrable fence that surrounds her home. Free in the jungle for the first time in her life, Pia meets Eio, a boy from a nearby village. Unable to resist, she continues sneaking out to see him. As they fall in love, they begin to piece together the truth about Pia's origin-a truth with deadly consequences that will change their lives forever.

My opinion:
I loved this book! I was a little unsure about it at first, but my friend kept telling me to read it so I decided to give it a go! I loved how it got right into the story in the beginning. It takes a little time to understand what the setting is and what exactly is going on in there, but you eventually get it. It has an amazing story, and many different unexpected things happen! I loved Pia's character and how much it change throughout the book! The characters are very realistic. The plot was not slow at all, but at times I would get kind of bored. I gave this book five stars because it was an amazing story and had a very unexpected yet great ending! I'm so excited to read the other books in this series even though they are not a part of Pia's story!! 
I would definitely recommend this to people who like Science Fiction!

"Sooner or later, we must all face eternity."
Keep reading! 
-Madi

1 comment:

  1. Hi Madi! Followed you at the request of Piper. (:

    Thanks for sharing this! I haven't heard of it, but it sounds good! Nice review! (:

    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete